Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Finished my recital. Phew. I feel like it went okay, but there's always this voice in my brain, telling me all of the things that I should've done differently.

However, this voice is there all of the time and I generally ignore it so that's what I'll be doing this time as well.

The only thing I hate is that the pictures...well...have me in them. Can I get some good pictures of me where I'm not included? Like, maybe someone will look like they're laughing at something I just said. That's a way for me to be in the picture without actually being IN the picture.

Also, what is it with light? I think I'm just going to ask the photographer (my Dad, because he's an awesome photographer and I can bully him into Photoshopping the crap out of of stuff) to add the "Doris Day" filter to all of my pictures. Particularly the ones that show...well...all of them, really. 

He sent me an email slide show and I think the neighbors must've wondered if I was dying in here as I clicked through the photos. 

The many assorted noises I made were such favorites as: Dying cow groaning in misery, Dying sheep groaning in misery, Dying elephant groaning in misery...and much, much more.

Yeah, I think I should market myself. I'll record an album of sound effects. The only problem is that albums of people making sounds of animals groaning in pain are less popular than they should be. I think I could change that. That stuff will make any party amazing and will also perk up those romantic interludes with that special man or lady.

Actually, no. If that perks up an interlude for you, you might want to re-consider the person with whom you're about to make nookie. That would be a red flag, I think.

At any rate, I think maybe I should just specify the "Doris Day" filter for all pictures of me. From this point on. Because my wrinkles aren't going to get any better, and the fact that I am built like a lumberjack with a neck like Hulk Hogan doesn't help. Unless I want to become a professional wrestler, which I do not.

But I am done with my big recital and pretty happy about that, even though the turnout was low and I made pretty much no money at all to donate to the food pantry. There will be a whole other post on another day about my feelings about friends who not only don't show up to important things (two years of prep for this, guys), but ignore it and don't even take the time to make up a b.s. excuse about why they can't come. And then don't bother to ask how it went. So it's a little too new, and I'm still a little too hurt. It was like a mass "f*$% you" moment. Seriously.

Ah, well. I accomplished something I didn't know I could, and I proved to myself that even with the new issues with which I'll have to deal for the rest of my life, I can still do a decent job and sing well. And the people that did show up were awesome and I love them. So I will choose to be happy about that for today and ignore the rest.

As long as I can get my filter action.




No comments:

Post a Comment