Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Today is going to be pretty awesome. I get to see my BFF, and I never, ever get to see him AND we get to have lunch instead of just a short coffee visit AND I get a voice lesson AND I don't have to go into the office.

So that's pretty sweet.

On the downside, the people we've elected to run our country have apparently decided that, instead of doing their jobs, they're going to be pissy with one another and waste MORE money and just screw around. I want to teach them a special lesson about a little thing I like to call "COMPROMISE."

Mostly, it entails giving up some of what you want, while others give up some of what they want so that everyone can have a little bit of what he or she wants. It's what we call a "win-win" situation. 

Buuuuuuuuuut no. They have to hold on tightly to their politics and refuse to give an inch, in order to avoid looking like their ding-a-lings are tiny.

Which they may or may not be. I don't know. Quite honestly, I don't care. I would just like to not have to worry about not being able to pay my bills and having my credit ruined and losing everything I have so that they can have principles.

I would love to be able to afford principles. Unfortunately, I have decided that I would rather, you know, live in a house, as opposed to a dumpster or an alleyway, and for those of us who fall below that crazy huge income level that politicians in D.C. have, we kind of have to learn to compromise in order to get by.

I really don't care, at this point, what they pass. I'm pretty sure they waved bye-bye to giving a crap about what their constituents want a long time ago. At this point, they could pass a law where we all have to find a healthcare buddy among our friends to do routine things like pap smears and prostate exams, and I would deal.

Maybe their paychecks should be on the line. Maybe their houses should be on the line. Maybe their jobs should be on the line.

Maybe we need to vote every single one of them out next term and get some new people in there, regardless of party. 

Maybe I should shut up and post an educational video.

Sounds good. Happy Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment