Monday, June 17, 2013

Well, I did it! I made it through my birthday and am now firmly entrenched in my mid-30s. 

Not that exciting for everyone else, but for me, 35 just sounds so old, so I'm glad I didn't have any sort of major emotional upheaval, which could've definitely been the case, as I'm still on some pretty good steroids, which are making me craaaaaaaaazyyyy.

Only a few more days, though. 

Anyway, it was a very nice day, and even though I was kind of tired from all the activity (a morning of TV-watching, followed by a movie and then dinner at my mom's...old people, watch out!), I still feel a little better this morning than I did yesterday, and I have a tiny bit less pressure in my head on the bad side, so that's great, too.

If we could just tone down the med-induced paranoiac side effects, I'd probably be at like 75% normal capacity already.

Oh, well.

Back to a normal day at work today, which isn't usually my day to work in the office, but everyone takes off a lot in the summer, and I'm always the one to take shifts. Not that that's a huge deal, but it would've been nice to have a little more recovery time. This is going a lot slower than I had imagined, and I'm feeling kind of frustrated with myself, and it's hard to be sure how much of it is the pills and how much of it is me.

I will say one thing, though. Props to all the ladies out there having hot flashes, because they've been waking me up all night for like a week, presumably because of the 'roids (yeah, I like to abbreviate it so it sounds like hemorrhoids, because that is hilarious) and just whoa. Just. Whoa. That is not fun. I'm a coldish person by nature, and so I'm really not used to that. It is definitely every bit as unpleasant as it sounds, plus you're tired as crap in the morning because you woke up every fifteen minutes feeling like somebody just turned your thermostat up to 90.

So, overall, I'm really excited that I'm progressing further away from the creepy hellish place that is the hospital, and that I was able to get out of the house a little bit on my birthday, and that life is slowly returning to normal. It's just the slow part that I take issue with. Can I get a fast-forward button or something? That'd be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment