Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My awesome sister took me out this past weekend for my birthday. We stayed in a super fancy hotel downtown and had room service and went to a baseball game and the comic expo. It was super awesome, and definitely worth the heat.

I was still pretty tired and stuff from feeling like crap, but most of our activities involved large amounts of sitting, so it worked out great. We even got to go to one of those Japanese restaurants where they Hibachi it up right in front of you, and that was magnificent. Especially because they made too much fried rice, so I got this ginormous pile, and I was still having some steroid hunger at that point, so that just hit the flipping spot.

So much ricey goodness.

I also experienced the majority of my facial steroidy swelling over the weekend, so that was fun. Every time I went into a bathroom, I could look in the mirror and get a peek at what I would look like if I gained a hundred pounds.

Not a good look.

By Sunday night, my face was approximately the size of a small European country, and I was getting emails from Campbell's about copyright infringement.

However, I hit the water really hard and stayed in my cool office all day yesterday, and the swelling decreased significantly.  It's really shocking, though, how much water your body will hold and how fast it changes what you look like. Weird.

So, great weekend, and I'm still (slowly) recovering. I wish there was a way that I could stop feeling like a 90-year-old lady, but every day is a tiny bit better, and that's probably the best I'm going to get. Singing is the next thing on the horizon, and hopefully my head gets opened up fully within a week or two so I can get back to some real practice. I managed two minutes of humming yesterday, and that's it.

Probably not going to cut it. Ah, well. It'll get there. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment