Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It seems October just isn't my month for blogging. Oh, well. 

At any rate, I happened upon something hilarious this morning and wanted to share. Okay, it's probably just hilarious to me, but whatever.

I was in college during the first election where President Obama was running. If you know me at all, you know that I don't really talk politics because, well, fighting. I hate it. I am a registered independent, and I will never argue about stuff unless it's with immediate family because I HATE IT.

I am a licensed conflict avoider.

Anyhow, it was a crazy time on campus, and there was a lot of vandalism happening, and I remember freaking out because my husband and I had just gotten a brand-new car (I was 30....I went to college really late), and there was this completely insane kid in my music theory class who was saying he was going to bust out all of the windows of the brand new cars in the parking garage to show, and he seriously said this, "...those capitalist swines (yep, he said swines...I remember because I was trying not to laugh) who they're dealing with." He also made a number of other statements, mostly regarding the evils of Christianity and anyone who voted republican. Then he asked if anyone had a dollar so he could get some more coffee, and I pretty much realized maybe more coffee on that kind of insane would be a super idea.  Super. 

Yeah. So I started parking all the way upstairs in the farthest space from the elevator, because I was betting he'd be too lazy to walk out to the far spaces, and I was right. He eventually told someone that he busted out a couple of windows and then moved on, because I'm imagining that took more work than he'd thought, and he probably also didn't want to have to go to jail or anything like that. I would bet no busting even happened, because car windows are pretty thick and I feel like it wouldn't have been worth the effort. Still a pretty big d-bag, though.

Fast forward to this morning, and I saw that a friend liked a picture of these two really cute little kids on their mom's Facebook page. And then I noticed the last name, and I thought, "Hey...that is an unusual last name, and that kid looks vaguely like the guy from college. So, of course, I go to the mom's page. Yep, she's married to that guy.

The funniest part? Guy lives in a swanky house in the suburbs, and his wife went to a Christian college, and is a religious Republican. Yep. Mr. I-Hate-All-Things-Conventional is living the dream. I also saw a picture with a pretty new looking car in their driveway...windows intact, naturally.

Ah, how times have changed. Cute kids, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment