Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Perusing the Facebook today, I wanted to smack a bunch of people I don't know in their heads. You know, to knock some sense into them. But since I don't know them, I have decided to proceed with a passive aggressive blog post.

What did all of these miscreants do to incur my wrath? They all responded to their friends' posts with the same sentence: I know how you feel, such and such happened to me.

When are we going to realize that we NEVER know how someone else feels, and they obviously posted whatever they did, or came and said whatever to the other person, because they needed some emotional support? Turning the thread or conversation back towards one's self is not being supportive, it's being narcissistic and crappy.

It may not be your way to post things like that, and you may not go talk to people when you're having a hard time, but that doesn't mean that's not a way some people go about trying to heal their emotional wounds. We're all just trying to make it through. Maybe show some sympathy, or maybe just scroll on by, but don't take over the thread and make it about you. That's poop.

I feel like we should all know by now that all people really need to hear is that you're sorry they're hurting and that you care. How hard is that? Or just pretend you didn't see it and don't comment. That's fine, too. But acting like you know what they're going through is ridiculous. We're all just so different. Go post your own story if you need some emotional support.

I swear if I see one more, "I know how you feel..." I may lose my mind. All the way. For reals this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment