Thursday, November 3, 2016

I have this new piercing in my left ear, called a daith piercing. It's supposed to help with headaches, but as I've only had it a week, and I've been taking a ton of ibuprofen to try to deal with some other stuff, I can't tell if it's working yet. No headaches, though, which is pretty unusual for me.

But, as I said, ibuprofen.

Anyway, it's been a weird week with this thing, mostly because even though the piercer said it was okay to wear earplugs to sleep, I've read way too much on the Googles about how that's not a good thing, so I'm trying to give it some time.

And now I know I'm addicted to earplugs.

When those bad boys expand inside my ears, it's like I am in a cocoon of sleep. It's great. Earplugs are the awesomest thing I've ever used. And now, sleeping without them is lame and sad.

Also, I am a right side or stomach sleeper. Always. And for some reason, all I want to do the minute I fall asleep is to roll over onto my left side. Seriously. Last night I kept waking up on my left side and thinking, "No. This isn't right. I'm doing something wrong." But then I'd have to figure out what it was and I am way too confused when I'm sleepy so I just sat up until I figured it out, went back to sleep, and then repeated the procedure FIFTY MILLION TIMES.

Ugh.

Change is just unavoidable, I guess, but I sure do hate it. Less headaches would be glorious, though. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment