Friday, April 3, 2020

So I'm on day two of wearing my mask to work. I work with people that should be legitimately scared to be here, but they have convinced themselves that it's essential for us to be here, so we are.

And I happen to be the only admin who's here, so that's neat, and everyone has been looking at me weird for two days. I'm totally wearing this thing for their protection, but all day yesterday, I was getting sighs and eye-rolls.

What, guys? You mind ME being uncomfortable so YOU don't get sick, just in case I might have this coronavirus business and be asymptomatic? Seriously?

Ugh.

Today's better. I think they may have gotten used to it. I actually had a coworker ask me if I could send him the pattern I used, because, if I do say so myself, my masks are pretty decent.

Yep, that's as far as I want to go. Decent. Oh, well.

At any rate, I hope that we can all play by the rules, just so everybody can be as safe as possible. Please stay home. Please don't expose any of my family members. Please.

Also, wear a mask so I feel less weird about it. And maybe old guy boss won't call me the Lone Ranger anymore, as I will no longer be lone. I might still range, though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment