Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Holy cow, it’s April.

I still haven’t gotten bored, but I still have to go into work, so that takes up time and stuff. I also have a mental to-do list that is basically never-ending, so there’s that. All in all, I project that boredom will occur in 2025.

So here’s my thought for today: Why is it so hard not to panic buy?

I had to go to the grocery store yesterday because we had no more dishwashing liquid, and I have a bunch of dishes that need handwashing. I make a list, do all the things, and as I’m going through the store and seeing all of the empty shelves, I start thinking, “Well, we have soup, but what if they run out and I can never get any more?” I consider buying twenty cans. I talk myself down and buy none, because we need none, and I’m being silly.

I get to the dish soap aisle. The panic buying has kicked in there, too. They don’t have my usual kind, but they have the same brand in a different scent, and there are two bottles left.

Mind you, it takes us about six months to go through one of these bottles. It’s really not something we use a ton of.

So I stand there, fighting with myself about buying two bottles. I remind myself that someone else might need that other bottle, and in six months, there will be more soap. And I stand there. And stand there.

I only got the one bottle, but it was a battle up in my brain.

At any rate, I made it through the store without any panic purchases. Pretty proud of that, but why was it so hard? Ugh. This is weird.

Also, the lady behind me in the checkout line had four huge cases of  Smirnoff Ice and the rest of her cart was filled with Doritos. You know quarantine at her house is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment