Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year’s Eve again. Time to reflect, eat cheese, stay up way too late, and eat more cheese.

Yes, that’s where I’m at tonight. All the cheese.

Looking back on this year, I feel like I’ve lost a lot. I lost a tooth, I lost most of my baby-making equipment, and I lost my big old face mole. So, not all bad stuff.

I gained some things, too, like my fancy poppy tattoo and an equally fancy kitchen. Good things, there.

I’m also getting ready to perform a recital that I started preparing in 2015, so there’s that. No pressure. But also a pretty good thing, because I almost gave up on that this year, but I didn’t. So even if it doesn’t go great, at least I tried.

So I feel like 2019 was not too bad.

Still miss Mom, though. Maybe in 2020 that’ll get easier. We’ll see.

At any rate, I’m going to try to be extra nice during this new decade. Stop being selfish and self-absorbed, and maybe put down my phone more often and learn something or do something that’s real. I’m going to try to learn a new language this year and focus on the things that I like to do, not just the things that I have to do.

And also, I’m going to keep loving my cheeses. All of them. I think that’s the real secret.

Happy 2020 tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment