Thursday, February 14, 2019

It’s Valentine’s Day. I like it, but I feel like a ton of people feel the same way about Valentine’s Day as I do about Mother’s Day. So I try to keep it low key. Also, this is our first one without my Mom, and she kind of always made a big deal about it, and I hate that she’s not here anymore.

There, got that out. I’m good now.

Anyway, I had an interesting happening yesterday. I’ve been working with a temporary student, just taking lessons to prepare for a concert, and yesterday was her last lesson. On her way out, she told me I was very encouraging, which surprised her, because when she first saw me she thought I looked scary.

Me. Scary.

At any rate, I didn’t laugh at her, but the next student in line was standing there, and then the lady says to her, “Don’t you think she looks scary?”

My student also didn’t laugh at her. I was so proud.

Then, that lady left and my student and I went in and started her lesson, but we had to take a break because we were both giggling because, yeah, me. Scary.

Still making me giggle a little.

Apparently I look like a legit teacher who’s going to yell and smack knuckles with a ruler. For some reason, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside because, really, I am the least scary person on the planet. I rarely get angry, and when I do, all that happens is that I use the f-word a lot, and then usually start crying.

But, hey, I look scary to one person. It’s a start. Someday, I will look scary to everyone and then no one will mess with me, and maybe I will be the Jessica Fletcher/Dorothy Zbornak combo that I’ve always dreamed of being. That is my life goal, after all.

I realize that this post is a little random, but it’s early and it was making me giggle again so I thought I should share.

Also, Happy Valentine’s Day. In case you’re feeling unloved today, I love you. I really do. Now bring me cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment