Monday, December 31, 2018

Last day of 2018.

Let’s all try to forget the heinousness of this year, shall we?

Instead, I will just share my resolutions for 2019: I will be nice and not crap on other people, and, rather than shying away from the different, I will embrace the different. The exotic. The unique.

I will find something to appreciate in our differences rather than trying to make everyone the same.

I will love everybody, and try to treat every single being on this planet as if they mattered to me, rather than being something that is in competition with me for limited resources. We aren’t animals, competing for food. We are human beings, and most of us have plenty of all of our needs. I’ll try to keep that in mind, as I am fortunate enough to have everything I need.

And, finally, I’ll remember that since we weren’t put here to judge each other, I need to learn to be polite. If I don’t have anything nice to say, I’ll keep it to myself. Crapping on other people in public is super tacky, and it needs to stop. I’ll be more dignified in 2019.

These are the things I will be working on in 2019. We have to stop these artificial wars between ourselves. We don’t all need to be friends, but we really need to work on our manners. Because we’ve gotten all kinds of tacky. And I just don’t want to be tacky.

Happy end of 2018, everybody. Thank goodness this hot mess is over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment