Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tomorrow will be my last day at the job I’ve had for the past eight and a half years. Holy crap.

Bookkeeping? Not going to miss it. My coworkers? Yeah, I’ll be missing them.

I’m also leaving a place of security for a new, unknown place. This is not something I tend to do, so now I’m having a little freak out time because I don’t quite have all the new tasks down exactly the way they do it at the new place. I forgot how much I really, really don’t like to not have my shizznit together.

I also feel like I don’t have the new dynamic down. And I know the old one. I know who likes whom, and who isn’t a fan of which things, and now I have to remember to speak up when I talk to the one guy, and put the other guy’s mail in a certain place.

It’s also been fun working in the same office with my sister, mostly because that means I get to have all the unicorns I want and there’s someone else in the office who thinks farts are funny, too. New office? Yeah, no one there is the kind of person who laughs at farts, and it is definitely not unicorny.

There are so many pluses. More money, a couple of days working closer to home, and, above all else, learning new information about a different field. Also, no more accounting-firm-who-shall-remain-nameless. So, it’ll be good.

But I’m going to be a little sad to leave my work family tomorrow.

Ugh. More feelings. What. The. Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment