Friday, March 9, 2018

Well, I thought it was finally tough enough that it couldn’t get any worse.

I was wrong. I am getting to a place where that isn’t a difficult thing to say any more.

My husband just lost his Dad, and it’s a sad time for the family. No matter how old we get, or how far away we live, or how many little disagreements we get into, it’s always sad when a part of life changes permanently.

And, yes, he is much happier and healthier and in a better place now, which is great. His last weeks on this planet were just awful. He can have a good meal now and go build all the things and not have to feel run-down and weak any more.

But his wife and daughter feel like their house is a lot emptier.

And that’s sad. And we can’t fix it.

Sigh.

Come on, 2018. Something positive? Pretty please? Because this is shaping up to look a lot like 2016, and I don’t think I can handle another year like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment