Friday, December 29, 2017

Last post of the year. Maybe.

So this year has been rough in a different way from 2016. 2016 was like a marathon of fear and anxiety, followed up with a little hope at the very end.

2017 was a decent year with lots of changes, and then a few months of constant sucker punches in the gut at the tail end, just when we’d been fooled into thinking that life was going to calm down. Oh, life. You are just hilarious.

My father-in-law is still in the hospital, making progress but still incredibly ill, my mom is struggling with the changes her cancer has brought since finding out it traveled to her lungs and she’d need long-term chemo, and my husband and I are reaching a point where we are just too tired to do anything.

Or maybe it’s just me. I don’t know.

At any rate, all I want for 2018 is to find some happy. My family, his family, and us. Happy for all of us.

Not feeling terribly optimistic about it, but at least I don’t have to work this weekend. And there will be pie for dessert tomorrow. So, yeah. Happy end of 2017, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment