Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Does anyone else over-prepare for everything? Or is it just me?

I feel like half of my life is spent preparing for things that would probably never happen. But if I don’t do that, what if it does happen? Then what?

What makes me wonder about this? I just realized that I have a pre-pedicure protocol, and I found that NO ONE ELSE DOES THIS. Does that make me crazy? I think maybe yes, but on the rare occasions my mom hired a cleaner when we were kids, we always had to clean the house for the cleaner. So maybe it’s her fault. Yeah. Going with that.

So I am gearing up for a pedicure this Friday, and I’m pretty excited, but I was too embarrassed for the lady to see the fifty inches of callous on my feet, so about three weeks ago I started prepping my feet. Once a week, I’d soak them for ten minutes, then go to town with a foot filey thing and then put on a ton of lotion and socks. So I’ve done this about four times now, and I feel like maybe they look okay enough that I won’t have to wear a bag over my head so the lady won’t know it’s me (I’ve gone to the same lady the last few times, so she kind of knows who I am).

Or maybe they’re still bad. I don’t know. Are they? Yikes...I am nuts.

Also, what if they’re really gross and she hates painting my toenails and I just haven’t noticed because they’re my own feet so they look normal to me?

What if she mocks my extremely long second toe?

What if I forget a little patch of leg hair when I’m preparing?

What if they change their lotion and she puts some on me and I have an allergic reaction?

What if I pick a color of polish that looks dumb?

See? These are the things I think about before my relaxing pedicure. Not so relaxing.

At least I’ll know I tried. That should make it okay.

Or not. Because, you know, I’m me.

No comments:

Post a Comment