Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Adventures in moving. Well, not that adventurous, but holy crap it's never been this tricky before.

We have lived here for around 8 years, and it's time to move on. We want to try something a little less suburban, a little closer to performing/music opportunities for me, and a little larger so we have some room for guests and a music room.

That's it. 

I have been asked all sorts of questions about why, so here's my blanket answer, which applies to all of them: No, we're not getting a divorce, no, we're not adopting several children from an impoverished country, no, we don't need to get away from our family (we will definitely be seeing more of them than we do now), no, we're not adopting all the puppies in the pound and letting them go free on an acre of land (no one actually asked that, I just wish we could), and, finally, no, we aren't going to go live on some weird commune thingy in the middle of nowhere, although one of the houses we looked at was pretty much one of those, I'm almost positive.

Phew. That's over. 

Why so many questions about why? Is moving really that big of a deal? Can't people just want to try something new and/or different? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(Also, ladies, no babies up in here. No matter how high your eyebrows get when you ask me that question, the answer will remain the same. I love babies, bring me your babies to kiss, I'll sit on the floor and play princess or trucks with your kid for hours, but I don't need my own. Too much chaos to add to my chaos. For reals.)

Okay, I get it. I'm usually resistant to change. But seriously, this is a good thing. I swear. This is a change for the better for us. And we're really happy about it, too. Stressed, exhausted, and worried, but happy. Underneath the angst. JUST BE HAPPY FOR US AND DEAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment