Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Okay, guys. I did it. I taught my very first adult group voice class at the college, and I have to say...WHOA.

Just, WHOA. All caps.

I've been teaching privately for 17 years. I am used to it. I love it, I really do, but large groups of adults????????

Yep. WHOA.

So much eye contact and talking. And the whole time, in my head, is this little tiny voice saying, "Run! Run away! Say you have explosive diarrhea and go hide in the quiet, dark bathroom for the next hour!!"

But I didn't. I stayed. And I talked. And I think everybody had a good time, but I was so exhausted by the end, and my throat hurt, and I woke up this morning with a migraine, so I think it's definitely going to be a learning curve.

I have taught groups of kids as large as 40, and it was not this hard.

What the hell?

Maybe it's the eye contact. Or the fluorescent lighting. Or maybe I was just too nervous about it. But it was really, really difficult.

But I did it.

And I'm going to go back and do it again, because they all laughed at my jokes, and I also forgot to talk about mucus and pee. I'll save that for week two.

Oh my goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment