Monday, February 24, 2014

I have a confession to make, and I've decided to do it on here, to just get it over with, once and for all: We've switched to instant coffee.

Yes, yes, I know. Get it out of your system.

Why? Because Trader Joe's discontinued the brewed coffee that I like, I can't find another one that I like, and when we were in Ireland, we had no coffee maker, so we bought a jar of coffee crystals and discovered that they taste frisking awesome.

(Spell-check keeps changing fricking to frisking, and I decided to keep it. I like the way it looks, and maybe I'll start a new trend. Frisking awesome.)

Anyway, maybe if I drank my coffee black, it would be an issue; however, I don't, because it tastes gross that way. I use cream and sugar and all of that nonsense, and instant coffee (with all of that stuff) tastes pretty darn good.

Plus, I was getting kind of sick of cleaning out the French press every morning, and I couldn't find a coffee maker that I liked that wasn't a Keurig (I like the idea of the Keurig, but it's just too expensive and the coffee is just okay, not great).

I'm a little picky. I know.

Anyway, the instant costs less, too, so I feel pretty happy about that. There's also the fact that I could take coffee to work and drink it there since we have a hot water dispenser in the office (even though I never drink coffee at work because I'm too self-conscious about coffee breath).

I like to have options, alright?

So now it's all out in the open. I feel like I did the right thing. Just in case you're curious, this is the kind of instant we use:

Image from target.com


You know you want to try it. No cleanup, fast, and it tastes like coffee. Well, it tastes like instant coffee. Which is just fine by me, especially at 5 a.m.

Plus, it's cheap and easy. Kind of like me.

Ha ha ha. I am frisking awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment