Monday, November 12, 2018

Well, it’s been a crazy month around here. Painting the house, going to Disney World, and actually having some people over. And...to cap it all off...we re-arranged the living room furniture. I know. We are two wild and crazy guys.

I have, however, gotten to witness something that I didn’t know existed: The practice of going to Epcot to get “Drunk Around the World in One Day”.....seriously.

I know it’s an actual thing because there were ever so many large groups wearing t-shirts that said it. At first I was kind of shocked, because I don’t like the idea of getting sloshed around a bunch of little kids. It would ruin my fun, I think. What with all the little people everywhere screaming and crying, and all of the other people everywhere trying to get ahead in line, I actually feel like Epcot would be a terrifying place to get drunk. Not to mention the whole “being a good example for the little guys” thing. I am in the minority, though. Apparently.

Also, who could afford to get drunk at Epcot? With the Food and Wine Festival going on, it’s like $5.00 for a teeny little glass of wine or a taster of beer. It would cost me around $50.00 to get a good buzz going, and I’m a lightweight. A ninety pound college sophomore could probably drink twice as much, and one of those guys in his fifties wearing his “I’m the eighth dwarf—Drunky” t-shirts who looks like he’s been drinking Bud Lights and shots of Fireball every day while watching wrestling and balancing his glass on his enormous beer gut for the last thirty years probably can’t even get really drunk at sea level, anyway. So paying over ten bucks per drink to get drunk seems like a really expensive vacation to me.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m not fun. Or maybe there’s something super fun that I don’t see. At any rate, I will probably never attempt to get drunk at Epcot.

Try all the desserts, though? Or all of the cheese? I’m down.

No comments:

Post a Comment