Wednesday, December 21, 2016

There are many things in the world that make my brain hurt; however, today I can't handle anything else that's too stressful, so I am concentrating on hangnails.

I have really dry, thin skin. It's awful. Much worse in the winter, and the fact that I have almost morphed into the host from Creepshow is entirely due to my defective dermis. Epidermis. Whatever...SKIN. I got the second manicure in my life on Friday, and I have learned two things from that, so I'm sharing.

First, I don't even remember my first manicure. I was going to do a walk through at a college, so that tells you it must've been 15-20 years ago, and I remember it was dark green. But I used to bite my nails, so there wasn't a whole lot going on there except some stubby looking nastiness. Times have changed, and I went with glittery pink this time. Lesson learned? Glitter polish is the way to go. I have scrubbed like 9 billion dishes since Friday, and only the tips have worn. This stuff is like rocks on hands. Pretty pink rocks.

The second lesson? Hangnails come right back. No matter how much filing they do. I have been using lotion every ten minutes since Friday and my hands are already back to crap. Actually a little worse because the lady scrubbed off all the callouses so now the skin on my fingertips is sore and bleeding, and I can feel it. I usually can't. Ugh.

Overall thoughts? Probably not worth me doing manicures. I wash my hands WAY too much, and that's not changing any time soon. I did, however, learn that glitter polishes stay like crazy, so I may paint my own nails a little more. I don't know. We'll see. 

Time to go clip off the new hangnails. Yikes. This is going to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment