Monday, December 12, 2016

Recital week last week. Whoa. Things got real crazy, real fast.

I've been holding studio recitals for 17 years (holy crap, how am I that old?) and I think I've never had my students be as flaky as they were this year, nor have I ever had a kid actually stop during the recital in the middle of a song to cry.

So, yep. Bananas.

Recital was Thursday, and by Tuesday afternoon, I had five makeups scheduled because people had faked sick and not come to the lesson the week before. But now help was necessary. And a couple didn't even call the accompanist until two days before the recital, either, when I had asked repeatedly for them to call earlier. Like, two weeks earlier. Not to mention I've sent out bi-weekly reminder notes for the last two months.

Also, only like two families (out of a dozen) decided to bring a plate of finger food to share, but they all stayed and ate it and drank my fancy Martinelli pomegranate apple juice stuff. 

Nice job, guys.

This week, it's payback time. You don't even know. I have new warmups that you're all going to hate.

Merry Christmas, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment