Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Well, we officially have no kitchen. It’s gone. My husband tore all of the cabinets out this weekend, and our new ones are being made, so there it is.

It’s not so bad right now, though, because he also put up some work tables and a little utility sink, and our refrigerator is still there so we’re not living out of coolers. Which is good, because we have about a month to go.

Why do we do this? Oh yeah, this kitchen was pretty gross.

I mean, it was clean and all, but there were so many mystery stains on the insides of the cupboards that I had just resigned myself to accepting (I decided they were iced tea....it seemed to be a good color match, even though the spray patterns would definitely point toward something carbonated). And the counter had huge corner seams which would not stay together anymore, no matter how much my husband shimmed them up, so yep. It’s time.

It’s weird to think that three years ago, we had just finished our new kitchen in the old house, and now we’re doing it again. This one is easier, though, because we aren’t doing the entire house. There’s no floor fixing or anything.

Still, though. Only three years and we’re doing this again. What is wrong with us?

Why do I bother asking? I totally know....we are THOSE people. The ones who need a project and like to have something to fix, even when it means no free weekends,  no sleeping in, and no extra money for vacations, etc., because it always goes into the house. Ha ha ha we are nuts.

At any rate, it’s on now. The house is a dusty mess, there’s kitchen stuff everywhere, and we’re just accepting the chaos. Or, he’s accepting it, and I’m trying to figure out ways to clean around it so my brain doesn’t explode because dust makes me lose my mind.

And that’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods. So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment