Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Okay, ladies. I’m talking straight to you, now, on a topic we all know is a thing, but no one ever discusses. I’m referring to feeling your chin for chin hair when you’re talking to someone else.

I first noticed that this was a thing at my last job, because my boss would come up and talk to me about something she wanted me to do whilst feeling out her chin. At first I thought, “Hey, maybe she’s an evil scientist, hatching a plot to overthrow the world, and she’s just covering by asking me to order more pens.”

Nope. Feeling for chin hairs.

Lately, I’ve been noticing more and more ladies doing this, and I’ve just got to say that it needs to stop. It’s happening all of the time. Yesterday, I realized that several of my students do this DURING SINGING LESSONS.

Seriously? You don’t weird about scoping for beardy times while you’re talking to me and I’m looking at you? Because that seems weird to me. Just a thought.

All of you who are too young to know, just rest assured, you will find out the glory of the chin hair eventually. It’s like you hit 30, and then, BAM. Hair in weird places. It’s pretty much the law, so just accept it. It will happen. No escaping. One more perk of getting older.

At any rate, maybe feel for chin hairs during more alone times. Or go to the bathroom and check it out in the mirror. I don’t know. I just feel like, when we’re talking and you keep stroking your chin all softly and whatnot, I’m intruding on some private chin ritual and maybe I should run away and leave you be.

Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment