Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I'm back.

Yep, try to stay calm. I will, too.

Basically, my old iPad died and I forgot how to log in and I didn't want to reset my password because I knew it was a really good one (obviously, as I couldn't remember it for like six weeks). So then I all of a sudden just remembered and decided to go for it.

Everything has changed since the last time I logged on, but whoa. It's all pretty darn good.

Not to say it was easy.

The month from the middle of June to the middle of July was probably the hottest, sweatiest, grossest month of my life. To start with, it was like a billion degrees. A billion. And after we moved out of our beautiful little house into my parents' house, the lovely air conditioned paradise we had created was just gone.

My parents, who are awesome and let us stay with them a few weeks while we closed on our houses and got the new one cleaned (that is a whole post in itself....for reals....barftastic), do not like the arctic atmosphere that we prefer. Plus, we were doing a lot of hauling, lifting, moving, cleaning, you know, all that delightful stuff to do during a massively hot summer.

This is all to say that there was a lot of sweat and bad hair. I also got pimples, which is weird, and gained a few more pounds because I just gave up on working out and eating vegetables. Lovely plan, me.

Nevertheless, we kept going and after a couple of weeks of cleaning, scrubbing, unpacking, and dealing with contractors (who were fantastic, which is a miracle in itself), we are now living in our dream house and pretty excited to be here.

Really. No sarcasm. It's unbelievable that we get to be here.

Next time, though, stories. Gross, gross stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment